Nifflas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nifflas

Where Librarians mean Business

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tea Kettel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kettel

Tea Kettel Empty
PostSubject: Tea Kettel   Tea Kettel Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:47 pm

Name: Tea Kettel (Teak or Kettel for short).
Sex: None, though most refer to Kettel as a "he."
Race: Junkfolk
Birthdate: No one is really sure how old Kettel is. Some seem to remember him stumbling about as a junkling decades ago, but there is rarely a precise number given. Asking him directly does no good, for the creature itself doesn't seem to care much. The general consensus of the librarians that are familiar with him is that he's about thirty-ish.

Physical Description
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 500 pounds.
Eye Color: None.
Hair Color: None.
Skin Color: Kettel doesn't have "skin" per say. Any and all coloration is provided by the materials he is current composed of.

Kettel is, to put it bluntly, very large. After years and years of life in and around the library, he has become a massive, living representation of his home. His limbs are strong, a rough combination of the ancient wood found in tome filled rain forests, gigantic hunks of wind swept stone and slabs of worn, dented metal. His torso is of a similar composition, but with the notable exception of bicycle tires sticking out of his back and a rectangular cast iron stove at his chest. His body is covered with scraps of thick leather, equally thick books, bits of chain mail, piles of toughened pages and hunks of metal, all held together as a crude carapace by tough wire and chains. His "head" is an old tea kettle (as well as his name sake), with it's lid serving as his mouth and a pair of broken, haphazardly planted goggles as his eyes. Verbal communication is something that is rarely used, as Kettel prefers to communicate with body language. However, his voice, when used, is reminiscent of bells ringing from a distance. When angered he'll release a roar that sounds like a great engine being revved up for the first time in centuries.

Personality
Kettel is a wonderful example of the gentle giant stereotype. He is subservient, humble, slow to anger and generally either kind or pleasantly apathetic to the people he encounters. The librarians, especially those that "raised" him are treated with great respect and an almost reckless desire to ensure their safety. The same can be said for anyway the creature holds dear, but there haven't been many opportunities for such an affection to develop for anyone living their life outside the library.
HEY TO BE CONTINUED Very Happy

Last edited by Kettel on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tea Kettel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tea Kettel   Tea Kettel Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 2:37 pm

I like it a lot, and I'm looking forward to more. I think I'm liking this forum/play-by-post idea more and more, and I've been recruiting people from the RPGnet and D&D forums to come join. We'll have to wait and see if they'll come...
Back to top Go down
https://nifflas.rpg-board.net
Boom

Boom

Tea Kettel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tea Kettel   Tea Kettel Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:37 am

I really like the character description. Makes me want to sketch him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tea Kettel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tea Kettel   Tea Kettel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tea Kettel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nifflas :: Characters-
Jump to: